There are many different ways of preparing the iconic and appetizing Spanish rice dish Paella like black rice, soupy rice or even the fideuá
Today we want to show you a less popular version but as traditional as the original Paella Valenciana that is very appreciated among our vegetarian and vegan customers: The vegetarian (and vegan) Paella.
- 20cl Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1/2 Green Bell pepper
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Leek
- 1 Ripe Tomato
- 1 Carrot
- 50g Green beans
- 1/2 Eggplant
- 1/2 Zucchini
- 1/2 Red Bell pepper
- 50gr Mushrooms
- 250g Bomba rice (or any other short-grain rice if you can’t get it)like Santo Tomás
- 750cl vegetable stock.
Ingredients for the majadito:
- Cut the vegetables into small pieces and add them to the hot oil- all of them, as listed in the section of “ingredients”.
- Always wait until the vegetable is golden and well fried before adding the next one. Sauté all the vegetables slowly, so they won’t dry up (if you need some stock, just add it).
- When all the vegetables are done, add the rice and stir-fry it with the vegetables.
- Prepare a majadito (mashed in a mortar, liberating like this all oils and flavors) with the ground spices and add it to the rice, together with vegetable stock. Remember, that for preparing Paella, you always need double the amount of stock than rice.
- Fry it 10 minutes over high heat, 10 minutes over low heat.
- Let it rest a couple of minutes before you eat it. Enjoy!
How to choose the right Paella Pan or Paellera
Don’t forget to share this post!