- 300 gr (baby) cuttlefish or squid
- 200 gr fish filet (monkfish, kingklip, school shark or any type of fish with a lot of meat and few bones)
- 2 ink sacs
- 2 ñoras (dried red pepper)
- 1 green pepper
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- Seasoning (parsley, saffron, white wine, salt- mashed)
- Fish stock, 8 cups
- Round- grain rice, 4 cups
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 40 min
Yield: 6 servings
Clean the squid. Prepare the vegetables into small pieces.
Heat the pan, add the oil. Fry the peeled cloves of garlic and hydrated peppers (ñora). Take them out and save them for the “mashed seasoning” (“majadito”). Sauté green pepper and when it’s golden, add the tomato and then the squid.
When everything is tender, add the rice. Add then the stock and when it boils, prepare the “majadito” with ink, garlic and the ñoras, all mashed in a mortar. Add it and then the fish pieces.
Cook 10 minutes over high heat. 7-8 minutes over low heat. Let it rest 10 minutes, covered.