- Wash and cut the potatoes in thin slices or dices and heat up olive oil in a pan, enough to cover the potatoes.
- Once the oil is hot, add the potatoes, a pinch of salt and wait until they get fried. Tip 1: If you like the omelette not so
well done, you can cut the potatoes in little slices with the spatula while you move them.
- When the potatoes are done (golden), drain them in a strainer or on a kitchen roll.
Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and then add the potatoes. Mix well both ingredients.
- Prepare again the pan and heat two teaspoons of olive oil. Add the mix of beaten eggs and potatoes.
Tip 2: move the pan in a way that the omelette does not stick to the bottom (“stir” it a little in
- When you see the bottom part is done, add a cover and turn the omlette upside down (it’s easy, just do it with confidence!).You can turn it upside down many times, if you want the omelette equally golden.
And our omelette is done!
Tip 3: if you immerse the plate in water before using it to turn over the tortilla, it will slide better and everything is much easier. So when finally the moment of flipping came, do it once, with determination and without fear.