One of the essential foods to try in Malaga is pescaito frito or fried fish at a chiringuito which is a beach-side restaurant especialized in fish dishes.The most common salad they serve alongside fried fish is the roasted pepper salad. This is the traditional recipe of the sald they serve at chiringuitos.
It’s very simple and the success of this recipe lies in the quality of its main ingredients: good fresh peppers and an excellent extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 red peppers (You can use 1 green 1 red)
- 1 onion
- Vinagre de Jerez (Sherry Vinegar or any other vinegar you like)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Extra Virgen Olive Oil
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 1 hour
Yield: 2 servings
- Wash the red peppers, put some olive oil in your hands and rub it onto the vegetables.
- Wrap the peppers in alu-foil and put it in the oven (approximately 1 hour at 160ºC. Or until you see that the skin of the red pepper comes off easily).
- Let it cool down a little bit.
- Peel the first layer of the onion and cut it into thin strips.
- Peel the skin off the red pepper and above all, make sure to get rid of all the seeds.
- Cut the pepper as well into strips and mix everything. Add salt, vinegar and extra virgin olive oil to your liking.
Tip: if you let it rest a bit, it will be even better!
Learn to cook this and other traditional recipes on our Tapas Cooking Classes